Booking and Event Process
- Please send us the requirements of your event via our contact form with as much information as you can.
If the event is not on the ground floor and there is no lift available to upper floors please let us know as we may need to schedule additional labour and this would be reflected in your quotation.
- We’ll get back to you as soon as we can with our availability and with pricing information.
- If you would like to place a booking please reply via email confirming your acceptance of our quotation and we’ll send you our customer contract for signature. This can be returned by email or post as you prefer.
- A non-refundable booking fee of £50 is required to secure your booking, we will send you a link via email or SMS at which you can pay by debit/credit card, or if you prefer you can pay by bank transfer.
- Once paid we will confirm by reply with a booking confirmation. Your chosen date is not secured until we have recieved your signed contract, the payment of your booking fee and we have sent your booking confirmation to you.
- The balance of your payment is due 7 days before your event date. We will send you a reminder approximately 2 weeks in advance of this with a new payment link.
Booking Conditions and Venue Requirements
- The following form part of your booking conditions and our terms and conditions of business:
- We require a minimum of 2 x 13 Amp UK 3-Pin plug sockets (230 volts) protected by suitable MCB breakers and RCD device within 15 meters of the setup location at your venue to connect our equipment. These must be hardwired to a building ring main and must not be extension sockets. In total we require 5 kW of power capacity (approximately 20 Amps) therefore if a 30 Amp circuit there should be minimal other devices utilising it and preferably it should be reserved for our use.
- The space required for our equipment is: Minimum 4.1 meters wide x 2 meters deep (normal setup). Minimum 3 meters wide x 2 meters deep (compressed setup). Although we’ll gladly spread our a bit more in larger venues, which will improve the acoustic performance.
- We’ll require enough space in which to park our car and attached trailer close to the access door when we arrive for loading and unloading, and whilst we are performing at your venue, of approximately 2 car lengths of space.
- We use lighting with automatic flashing and stroboscopic sequences in our performances. It is not possible to predict in advance or adjust these sequences and therefore you must warn any guests or venue staff of this in advance and this would be The Clients responsibility. The Supplier will not accept any liability in relation to the services provided utilising a sound and lighting performance, however so caused.
- We use a smoke machine in our performances to enhance the lighting display and atmosphere. It is non-toxic and does not leave a residue. If this is not permitted by your venue please warn us in advance. The Supplier will not accept any liability for damage or injury in relation to the use of a smoke machine in our services, however so caused.
- All conditions and exclusions in the Exceptional Circumstances section of this page apply to this or any booking, and the Four to the Floor DJ and Disco – Full Terms and Conditions of Business will apply to your booking and your event.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I meet with you before or after placing my booking?
Of course, we’d be happy to visit you to discuss your event and to answer any questions that you might have.
Can I request a playlist of my favourite songs?
Absolutely. You know what tracks you and your crowd like and that really helps to give us a steer on the type of event. Trigger records or family favourites are welcome and help to get the atmosphere going. Likewise as are any “don’t plays” the last thing we’d want to do is revoke a bad memory. We’d suggest still allowing your DJ the freedom to work your event and judge the crowd and slipstream your playlist in throughout the event, often a list of anywhere between 5-20 tracks works best for this. You should send this to us at least 2 months before your event.
Can you take requests on the night?
We certainly can and would welcome them from your crowd. We can’t promise we have every track or artist, but we’ll certainly take requests into consideration, and judge with the mood as we use our instinct to read the room.
How much time before and after the event do you need to set up and take down?
It’s quite a big setup. We aim to arrive approximately 90 minutes beforehand to set up and you would need to provide access at that time. It takes about 1 hour to take down at the end of your event. You do not need to be present at the end of the event unless you are a keyholder for the venue.
My event is upstairs, is that ok?
If your event is not on a ground floor and level with the car park or loading area we can access please let us know when completing our contact form with your booking requirements, and likewise if a lift is available to the floor of your event. We can usually accept most bookings but our equipment is heavy and we may need to schedule additional resource if there is no lift available and we can’t access on a floor level from our vehicle.
Do you require car parking?
Yes please, it’s essential as described in the Booking Conditions and Venue Requirements above.
Do you carry power extension leads?
Yes, we have power leads of 15 metres and this is the maximum cable distance that our equipment can be placed from the 2 UK 3-Pin power sockets that we require to be provided. They are heavy duty and cannot be extended further due to their current carrying requirements.
Can you run from a generator or on generator sourced power?
Our equipment has highly sensitive electronics. We may be able to run from sources other than the UK mains supply, however we cannot guarantee this, therefore please discuss this with us when making your booking. We have high power/current requirements and the provision of an operational safety earth and RCD protection is critical, therefore we would need to discuss this with your event or power provider. In any case, the power supply must be as clean as would be expected from the UK mains supply.
Can you provide outdoor events, or set up in a marquee or in a garden?
Our equipment is designed for indoor use. We may be able to use it in another location but only with a guarantee that a totally water and weatherproof environment could be provided, due to the use of electronic equipment. We would need to discuss the details of this with you or your event provider before accepting your booking.
My venue has a sound limter device, is that ok?
We can accept bookings for venue’s with a sound limiter and will do our best to stay within the limits. Sometimes they pick up on background and other noise from singing and dancing so if there should be an interruption to the event caused by the sound limiter we are unable to take any responsibility for the interruption to the event.
- If in exceptional circumstances we are required to cancel your booking we will do this by providing you as much notice as is reasonably possible given the circumstances under which this event arises. In such cases we would refund any monies paid for the service. Our Full Terms and Conditions of Business describe the details of this agreement.
- Notwithstanding anything written herein to the contrary, The Client and The Supplier acknowledge and agree that The Supplier will not be liable for any losses or damages, whether direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential, in profits, goods or services, irrespective of whether or not The Client has been advised or otherwise might have anticipated the possibility of such loss or damage. This clause applies to the entirety of our agreement and is not subject to any section and shall remain in full force for the entirety of our agreement.
- Limitation of liability: In order for The Client to place a booking for The Service, The Client agrees to limit The Suppliers liability arising from the Suppliers professional obligations, errors or omissions, such that the total liability of The Supplier shall not exceed The Suppliers total fees for The Service.